Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rezerection of breaking (blog 14) old school vs new

Old school vs newschool
 
Here's another shortie just to get a single point or two out there.
 
I'm down with old school, without them we would not be here today.
But since its started it has greatly evolved incorporating more 
dances and styles and acrobatics that the OG's would have never 
dreamed of. This isn't a post to bag on OG's or anything. But 
here's my issue with them. They have put in their work in the past
and solidified themselves in their OG history. The feeling that
because you put in work 10 years ago and got your respect, so I
should just respect you because is wack to me. There are bboys 
35+ that have been breaking along time and still hold it down and
win battles. as well as they judge jams like its the 70's or 80's 
when the concepts of breaking were completely different then now.
 
I've seen OG's get called out and refuse to battle because they
put their time in. A callout isn't only necessarily to show who's 
better, its also to show respect or gain it. There's a video a 
saw a few months ago about cyphers and I believe it was called 
" eye of the cypher" and it's sub title was called "catching rep"
if I can find it I'll post it in here. my main point about og's
is this
 
I don't care what you did in the past. I care what your doing now.
If you're still involved in your scene and holding things down 
then that's dope. If your not then you've lost your auto-respect 
if you will.
 
 
That is all lol

No comments:

Post a Comment