Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rezerection of breaking (blog 12) whats he doing with his hands?

-gestures and the use of them in battles/ are you using them / doing
them too much? Or are you not using them to your advantage?
Why do I choose to be an asshole and call repeating,crashing,
and not call biting.
------------------------------
Biting (extending arms out, bending them at the elbow,
and moving one or both arms up or down almost clapping
your forearms together)
 
Repeating ( counting on your hands)
 
Crashing (slapping or stomping the ground)
 
Cocking (grab a coke can, point the drinking side at your 
opponent, now make the can disappear-keep hand in same 
position) +note+this means you suck, or your gay depending
on how you perceive it
 
Nice try (clapping your hands)
------------------------------------
I generally attempt to NOT use any hand gestures if possible.
Reason being is I like my dancing to do the talking. But if
I do use them, these are the reasons why I use them
 
A)my opp is being a douche or I have negative feelings about
them
B) its in the later rounds of a battle and I feel its an 
evenly matched battle 
C) I feel the judges aren't qualified or I think they aren't
noticing these things
D)it's someone I'm just messing with 
E) I feel the opponent is better then me
-------------------------------------
 
I can't remember ever calling biting in a battle because its
impossible to know where someone came up with their ideas 
unless they tell you or you see them watching videos etc.
-note-the only time I would call biting would be if someone 
did one of my personal moves I came up with (that I haven't 
seen anyone do before) because I stay off of youtube and vimeo
and everything else so I don't take other peoples styles
and moves. And I also know how everyone in my scene breaks,
so if they started doing my personal arsenal I would 
definitely call biting, but if you call biting. The next next
chance you get you need to perform the move "bitten" and 
you need to do it better then the "biter"..if you have 1rd left
then do it during your next rd. If there is no more rounds 
left in the battle, run out to the center of the circle- quickly
do the move. Reason being is judges will see it and people 
will get HYPE 
that there's a battle energy in the place now.everyone loves hype
battle because you can feel what the breakers are feeling during
their rds.
 
But most of the time's I'll only call stuff if I'm heated at
someone ( I hear them talkin junk) or I feel they're coming 
after me. There's all sorts of battle tactics, most times 
people just do their rds and whoever's got the better rounds
moves on. There's a technique called "answering" where 
someone does a chair and the 2nd person to go does a better 
chair (or more flashy). If I feel someone is attacking my 
rounds I don't care if they're in my crew I'm callin them 
out on everything and tryin to win. I don't always mean to do
it (it just becomes habit in certain situations like that)
 
When it gets to the final battle all bets are off, money is on
the line and I'm going to make sure the judges see the repeats
and crashes. I understand the judges are generally competent 
but they've seen upwards of 30 or 60 rds easy, them remembering
who did what may or may not be easy especially if theirs wardrobe
change. Sometimes I'll even call repeats on things that haven't
been repeated. Along with influencing the judges, these gestures
gets into the competitors skin and heads. They don't think 
correctly when their sets are under scrutiny and they have a higher
chance of throwing out a set they don't have 100 percent to show 
they aren't repeating (or the opposite happens and they throw a 
super dope round) so make your
decisions correctly.
 
I also clap a lot for people I don't feel are as good as me, or
if I feel like someones crashing a lot. It makes you look 
better and it says to the judges "awww yeah nice try buddy good
job, even your opponent is rooting you on. so you can't be 
doing that good"
 
Also if you use a lot of these "negative" biting, crashing, etc 
in the earlier rounds, it won't hold the same effect it would in
the later rounds ie. Finals.
 
 
And lastly WOOO's. Everyone overlooks the power of the crowd and
verbalizing your thoughts, if you have a crew or you can get the
crowd behind you clapping, yelling, wooing you'll easily sway 
atleast 1 judge because you'll be a "fan favorite" and they'd 
rather vote for the FF then get booed for a "bad choice" and people
train for gestures and styles etc. NO ONE trains for someone 
screaming at them "where's your footwork. You have no foundati
on. Your power is super sloppy. That's your set?" Things of that
nature. You can do this and it works awesome, but the negative 
side effect is you will be viewed as an asshole. I'm personally 
ok with that as long as I walk home with the money. Cause then
I'm an asshole who got paid for being an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment